Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Raphael Cohen
Dr. Raphael Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center - UPHS and Saint Agnes Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Raphael Cohen has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS-Associated Nephropathy
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney Failure
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Water-Electrolyte Imbalance
Showing 3 of 3
Very pompous and condescending. I went to him for a second opinion. He refused to examine me, order tests, or even answer my questions. He told me to stay with the doctor near my home instead of coming all the way to Philly. He had obviously spoken with my hometown doctor and apparently knows him. Dr. Cohen put the "good old boy" network above patient care. If Dr. Cohen didn't want me as a patient, he should have had the honesty and courtesy to call and cancel the appointment.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center - UPHS
Saint Agnes Medical Center
Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
Hospital of the University of PA
Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Graduate Hospital-Tenet Health System
36 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1977
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Dr. Raphael Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPenn Presbyterian Medical Center, 51 N 39th St, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raphael Cohen in this video.
Dr. Raphael Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.