Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rasheed I Ahmad has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
With another doctor, out of town, my case diagnosing was something else than doctor Resheed found, In the first visit he was hurrying and quick to finish examining my case, and insisted me to have a surgery to my hand. After surgery, he didn't stop by my bed to tell me exactly what he did to the hand. When I visited his office to follow up, they told me he is in vacation, and I was examined by his assistants , then when I went to his office to change the painkiller he prescribed me, he saw me while he was passing by, with no inquiries about my after-surgery situation, and his office staff gave me the next follow-up after a month. i.e. he will see me after 45 days from the date of the surgery. I am really disappointed with this doctor.
Dr. Ahmad is a nice guy who doesn't know what he is doing. The first problem with his office is the rude staff and long wait times. I have been there five times, and never waited less than an hour and a half. Some people waited over two hours. In addition, he misdiagnosed my problem. After seeing another doctor, I realized that he had completely missed a large problem with my hand and had performed the wrong surgery. He is incompetent.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
25 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Dr. Rasheed I Ahmad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBaton Rouge Orthopedic Clinic, 8080 Bluebonnet Blvd Ste 3200, Baton Rouge, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rasheed I Ahmad in this video.
Dr. Rasheed I Ahmad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.