Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rashid Rahman has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Rashid Rahman has the following 8 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
Dr. Rashid Rahman has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 9
I went in after a CT of my abdomen showed a nodule had doubled in size. My history was 30 lung nodules that were followed with CT. So I had a base line. He wanted to wait 4 -6 months for a CT of lungs. When I questioned him he became ANNOYED and said to get a second opinion. I DID. Had the CT and found that 3 nodules had grown and a new one had shown up. Had biopsy and new nodule was malignant. The surgeon removed part of the lung and said we caught it early. I am set for surgery on the right lung for the other nodules. I am thankful that I persisted and found a doctor who took my past history and my knowledge of my own body into consideration.
Dr Rahman has been my pulmonary doctor for many years and during this time, has seen me through serious illnesses with my COPD. His bedside manner is very professional. His staff is fantastic. He and his nurse work together as a team to give their patients outstanding care, not only for me, but for every patient i have seen come in or out of their office during me appointments. i have never had to wait for Dr Radman to see me as his staff is on top of his scheduling and works it diligently. The communication with his staff is superb and they immediately pick up on his follow up instructions. I am proud to say this is my physician. I am a real patient who puts her life in his hands. Thanks to both Dr Rahman and his assistant Casey, I am able to enjoy my life even though I have a breathing disorder. They help me to keep it under control. I would definitely recommend this doctor.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
30 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Rashid Rahman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rashid Rahman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richardson, TX.