Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rashida Bokhari has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
She's an amazing doctor! I was extremely sick one day and I walked in without making an appointment. She was very personable and kind towards me. Also, her staff are very friendly and make me feel at ease. I often times go to this doctor now and I feel comfortable with her because she's extremely nice and experienced in her profession. She's also known as one of the most professional and nicest doctors in the Natomas area. I would strongly recommend her to everyone!
I had been seeing Dr. B for about 10 years. I liked the idea of seeing someone in private practice rather than supporting the bigger hospitals, etc. I was a rather low maintenance patient since I saw her mainly for annual physicals. I never get flu shots or vaccines; I am fortunately a well person. Recently I left her a couple of messages to call me; her staff returned one call--never the doctor. My final message was if she doesnât call me (it would have been a quick call) then I will seek other medical care. I did not get a call. The good news is I will no longer have to pay 25 cents a page for my own blood work results since she will not fax or scan them to me. I had to go to her office and pay for a copy which I found absurd but I did it. Since I have not gotten the return call TWICE I have found another doctor. I thought Iâd get more personalized service from a private practice doctor. I was wrong and am very disappointed since I think she is a good doctor.
Dr. Bokhari is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Rashida Bokhari accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNorth Natomas Medical Center, 1924 Del Paso Rd, Sacramento, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rashida Bokhari in this video.
Dr. Rashida Bokhari is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.