Dr. Rashida B Ngouamba Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Rashida B Ngouamba?

Professional, Skilled, and Extremely Caring

I feel as though the negative reviews on this site are reviewing a completely different doctor. I have been with Dr. N'Gouamba for a couple years, she has been my gynecologist, surgeon, and obstetrician! She always makes me feel comfortable, is always friendly and smiling, and always answers me and my husband's questions thoroughly. I have received both good and bad news from her and felt that her bedside manner always fit the mood. I cannot imagine going to any other doctor. I highly recommend her for her brains, her skill, and her excellent bedside manner!

Dr. Ngouamba does not have the best bedside manner. I am married and have been in a monogamous relationship for 9 years. She insisted on trying to hand me free condom samples...repeatedly. I am a grown woman, and I didn't appreciate feeling like I was being handled like I was back to being a freshman in college. Also, Dr. Ngouamba's responsiveness to your more emotional questions is horrible. I found a lump in my breast and was in the office for that reason. She focused on telling me about the statistical chance that I would not have cancer and was almost ready to not send me to a radiologist. She made me feel bad about being proactive about what was obviously an issue, and instead focused on the "small statistical chance" that is anything but a benign growth. But as a patient - that is not comforting. What is comforting is getting screened right away to make sure that it is okay. Instead she scolded me about caffeine intake, my bras and literally told me to use an (unverified by the FDA) oil because that would help with the pain. I had to insist I get checked out further, and it was serious enough where I am on regular, 6 month checkups for this condition. So, I gave her 4 stars for diagnosis, but bedside manner really needs to improve. We are people, not significant digits in some actuarial table. Thanks.

Would refer her to others

I have been to many doctors trying to get help for my problems. I did wait a long time to be seen and the staff was not that helpful. The doctor explained everything to me. Gave me handouts and was responsive to my questions. She made me feel comfortable. She made me feel a part of the decision making process. She did not make them for me.

Recommendation

I've been a patient of Dr. N'Gouamba for years. Issues with her clinic aside, she has always been extremely professional, attentive to my needs, and caring. She clearly knows a lot, but is great about explaining things to me and this makes me confident about what she recommends I do. I recommend her highly!

Unprofessional

She needs to prove herself that she is efficient and did a great job for making a big decision in ending all the Minors's pregnancy. Because making a decision for Minors who does not fully understand nor comprehending what they are getting into is terrible. I do not like the facts that this doctor just went ahead and did the surgery without informing the parents. I just feel she disregarded our rights as parents. Any child who is minor, living with parents and cannot make proper decision in their life by all means should be notified unless their chid is emancipated by the court.

Self absorbed

Drs are suppose to make patient feel like every thing is going to be all right ....A little smile won't hurt either _ it's not the military

This doctor is the rudest doctor ever. I agree with all the negative feedback towards her. She talks disrespectfully to the patients and I've noticed speaks disrespectful to her own coworkers, even the medical students. Is like she has problems and takes it on everyone that gets in her way. Why do a job just for the money and be miserable?? Because that's what it seems like, She a miserable person taking her problems everyone at the clinic. I dont rate her because I went with one of an old patient of hers, which left because of her attitude and bad gestures towards her.

Yes I would recommend

I have to say that the staff is not the most pleasant and making an appointment isn't the easiest. I've been a patient of Dr. N'Gouamba for nine years. She has always been attentive and caring to my needs. She answers all my questions in detail and has always provided me with the best care. If anything Dr. N'Gouamba has been at time overly cautions. But those are the reasons why I continue to keep her as my OB/GYN. I have recommended her to my family and friends who have also found her to be very welcoming and heedful to their needs.

Has to go!

This doctor has to go! My wife comes home upset after every visit. We tried to make it work but she was stubborn. She clearly hates her job.

I could not establish a relationship. Seems like she didn't care, like if going to the doctor is like going to a bank, just there to take your money.

Sub-standard service of care

Rashida N'Gouamba failed to make proper diagnosis, failed to provide proper treatment, and failed to adequately address my concerns.

profesional & caring