Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rashmi V Patwardhan has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Rashmi V Patwardhan has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Rashmi V Patwardhan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I have been a Patient of Dr R Patwardhan for about 7 years..I suffer with Croans-Ulsurated colitis. He is very good and has tried Steroids and Remacade with me, and I was doing better on the Remacade but after 18 months I became allergic to the med. Since then I have been treated with Humira. It has been a miricle as far as i am concerned. with not being able to leave the house for so long..A good doctor who explains everything to you friendly and caring , i would recommend him to anyone I know I will be on these shots for life. But I have a life now, and it all due to my Doctor Rashmi Patwardhan .and I look forward to many more years in his care
42 Years Experience
Seth Gs Medical College
Graduated in 1976
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Rashmi V Patwardhan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUmass Memorial Medical Group, 55 Lake Ave N, Worcester, MA
Dr. Rashmi V Patwardhan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Worcester, MA.