Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rassa Shahidzadeh has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn's Disease
- Nutritional Support
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 28
I did go to Dr. Shahidzadeh with complaints of symptoms of Celiac Disease earlier this year, but it ends of that I had Barret's Esophagus according to the tests. It was a good bit of work for me to receive my report, receive information about my problem and I even had to call his office to receive a confirmation on a prescription medication to take for the problem. I would say that there is about a 1 out of 10 for follow up service and actual "care" about the problem I had. I feel like I was just a number and a $4,000 price tag for performing an endoscopy.
First he argued with the Gastroentologist from Mayo clinic that he referred me too. Refuses to work with her, leaves me hanging. Chews me out for having a hernia removed by another surgeon (and every other surgery I have had through out my life), without looking at my medical records for hernia. Refuses to continue the medication Mayo Clinic had put me on, that is working, better than anything he had put me on, accused Mayo Clinic of lying and every other Dr. who had agreed it was an excellent replacement for current IBS medication. My stomach at one time swelled 10 inches it would back up so much, with the new medication it is "the softest I have ever seen it" said Dr. Shahidzedeh. Staff called me 4 days before appointment, accusing me of lying about my insurance coverage. My insurance had changed, that's all. I patiently gave the new information but I was assured they would verify it BEFORE my appointment....uh, ok you do that. no wonder there isn't a wait time, no patients......
Dr. Rassa was great. He came in from his clinic to see me when I was in the ER and followed up with an endo which uncovered a gastric ulcer that a barium did not show. Great bedside manner and caring. I highly recommend.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
17 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Rassa Shahidzadeh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rassa Shahidzadeh in this video.
Dr. Rassa Shahidzadeh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.