Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ratan K Ahuja has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Myocardial Infarction
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Cholesterol
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Ahuja is the first regular cardiologist I have used. He diagnosed my afib problem and took immediate steps to treat it. When meds did not work I was sent to Dr. Diaz for an ablation. Dr. Ahuja's prompt decision to send me to Dr. Diaz was instrumental in my care and recovery. Since the ablation Dr. Ahuja has seen me regularly and tested me fully when needed. The stress tests, echocardiograms and sonograms have been expertly performed by the very fine office staff. I highly recommend Dr. Ahuja's practice for your cardiac needs.
do not put your life in his hands he does not know what he is doing nor does he care, his only interest is financial. He orders the same tests repeatedly then never reads the results. I had atrial fibrillation for over a year and he refused to recognize it. even after hospitalization and a follow up visit to his office. I was put on a channel blocker by another heart doctor and he wanted to change it to a beta blocker. I have kidney disease, diabetes and lung disease all of which would be exacerbated by the beta blocker. He is a self absorbed egotist i would have done better with a witch doctor
35 Years Experience
University College Dublin
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Ratan K Ahuja accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Volusia HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsCentral Florida Pulmonary Consultants Pc, 759 Harley Strickland Blvd, Orange City, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ratan K Ahuja in this video.
Dr. Ratan K Ahuja is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange City, FL.