Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rathidevi M Reddy has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Rathidevi M Reddy has the following 11 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Substance Abuse
Dr. Rathidevi M Reddy has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Rathidevi M Reddy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 15
The staff is very rude and the doctor doesn't spend much time with me. 15-20 mins tops. I have requested proper medical forms for my job and medical records and haven't received them yet. Ive been under her care for 6 months now. I have never been treated so badly by a doctor of their staff before. Staff member through my paper at me and closed the window in my face at one appointment. I told the Dr. and she was very unconcerned about it.
During my 1st visit with Dr. Reddy (my first appt with ANY psychiatrist) and within 10 minutes she diagnosed me as bipolar 1. I was really shocked-I knew I had issues with severe depression and anxiety. She did not have time to explain why she came to this conclusion-everything I learned, I learned from the internet up to this point. I started cutting again and told her...she asked to look (I was super embarrassed) and she huffed and said 'those are only cat scratches!'. I was very taken aback...I told her my intention wasn't to impress anyone that is was just a stress reliever. She took me off zoloft too quickly and I had a major meltdown. The current meds seem to have me headed in the right direction but I know I'm not there yet. She shows very little compassion and there is certainly a language barrier. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't listen. I have never spent more than 10 minutes in her office and always feel rushed. The staff could care less about you. I will stay with her for a while longer to see what her plans are for my meds. I do feel better so I guess she knows her stuff but she has a horrible bedside manner.
Dr. Reddy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Osmania Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Rathidevi M Reddy accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsBent Tree Psychiatric Associates, 16800 Dallas Pkwy Ste 150, Dallas, TX
Dr. Rathidevi M Reddy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.