Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Raul N Calvo Jr
Dr. Raul N Calvo Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Abilene, TX, with another office in Baird, TX. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Calvo is affiliated with Hendrick Medical Center Ltac. Dr. Calvo has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Raul N Calvo Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 8
Excellent GP. They truly listen to your needs and understand that WE know our own bodies best. That doesn't mean he gives you everything you ask for. But he does listen and considers your full medical history, considers input from your other specialists etc. We sure miss him. We had to move to another town.
The wait is shorter than going to see someone in the Express Care facility! I pray that this great Doctor will continue practicing into his retirement; at least part time. He is a highly respected M.D. by his peers and patients. I am grateful that he attends to our family's medical needs including myself. May God continue to bless his profession and family as well. Thanks Dr. Calvo.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Calvo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
University Of The East/Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
Graduated in 1970
Suburban Hospital Health System
Dr. Raul N Calvo Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raul N Calvo Jr in this video.
Dr. Raul N Calvo Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Abilene, TX.