Dr. Raul Diaz Is this you?

Botched Vasectomy

Posted on November 14th, 2010

Doctor performed a vasectomy on my in 2007. Pain occurred immediately when he cut the right side (damaging a nerve). The procedure has ruined my life (congestive pain, nerve pain during erections, low testosterone, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.). None of these possible issues that I am now way too fully aware of were discussed with me prior to the operation. The sales pitch was very strong that I would have no issues and my sex life would be better. Nothing could have been further from the truth. And then when I tried to follow up with them, they try to evade me and are just worried about lawsuits. This is also a condemnation on the urology community, as I'm not the only one this has happened to (research indicates ~10% will have problems and regret their vasectomies, but good luck having your doctor share this information with you). To his credit, he did eventually admit in follow-up that he sees a person a month with my issues. Why not mention that before?!? I guess because he would have never got my money if he had! Beware out there, these docs do not have your best interests in mind, but rather their best financial interests instead.

poor staff

Posted on August 4th, 2008

Dr. Diaz has an excellent bedside manner and behavior, but his staff is not only poor but appalling. Their behavior towards patients can be described as rude or obnoxious.

A Decent Physician