Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jesus R Jimenez-Soto has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 21
I've been seeing this Dr for two years. He spends very little time with the patient and the wIt is always very long. His demeanor and bedside manner are lacking. He never really listens and cuts you off mid conversation. He is very pompous , chauvinistic and stuck in his ideas that a dr is always superior to their patients. I have been stable and off meds for a year and he keeps trying to make me go back in then. Anytime I seem happy he automatically attributes it to a manic episode. Honestly, I don't agree with his diagnosis. Please go to another dr.
I have been bringing my husband to this Dr. for over six years with a brain injury. Dr. Jimenez is caring and offers suggestions on coping for me and my husband and monitors and adjusts my husband's meds. He is extremely professional and I recommend him highly. His staff is professional and has gone to the insurance company on our behalf. Waiting time is always minimal, the office always clean and professional.
Dr. Jimenez-Soto is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Jesus R Jimenez-Soto accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJ Raul Jimenez Medical, 2311 N Mesa St Ste I, El Paso, TX
Dr. Jesus R Jimenez-Soto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Paso, TX.