Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Raul D Romero has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Adult Medicine
Dr. Raul D Romero has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Raul D Romero has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 14
He is absolutely the BEST Doctor I've ever had. When other Doctors didn't seem as though they cared, just get me in and get out, he took time to get to know me, understand my lifestyle and diagnose issues I had which were not for the faint at heart. His family works there as well and they are nice. While one of them could use a better communication style they all are awesome. I've been withhim for over 11 years now and he came recommended by my ex at the time. I drive ALL THE WAY from BUCKEYE to see him and would NEVER consider seeing anyone else unless he retired. He is so personal, uplifting when theres bad news but gives it to you straight and tells you exactly what needs to be done. He is bilingual as well! Thank you lord for him!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
Graduated in 1981
University Of South Alabama Health System
Dr. Raul D Romero accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouth Phoenix Community Health Center, 303 E Baseline Rd Ste 302, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Raul D Romero is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.