Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Raul R Vazquez Jr
Dr. Raul R Vazquez Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Vazquez is affiliated with Kaleida Health Buffalo General Medical Center and Womens And Childrens Hospital Of Buffalo. Dr. Vazquez has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Raul R Vazquez Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 11
I am a professional who assists disabled and underserved people in receiving much needed services in the community. Sadly, this MD office Never answers the phone, I am caller "21" forever and may wait an hour or more for call to be answered. I send medical paperwork to be completed and it is NEVER returned. I actually had to "not " help my clients and turn them away because this MD doesn't do the needed paperwork. DONT GO TO THIS OFFICE, BIG MISTAKE!! Why doesn't he take his HUGE income and hire a office person to do his paperwork and get it out when requeseted. It absolutely disgusts me.
A horrible office in the rough side of town, Urban Family Practice likes to appear to be on top of things but is one of the worst businesses I have encountered. Rather than the 15 minute wait they claim, it actually took three hours in the waiting room as patients get shuffled between one physician's assistant after another. I never met the actual doctor (Dr. Vazquez) and it was like being a really bad McDonald's franchise instead of healthcare. Afterwards, the office screwed up the billing for my insurance and though I've tried to call numerous times to resolve it, Urban Family Practice has not responded once.
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Cardiovascular disease refers to a number of very serious and costly conditions, including Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD). To encourage more effective treatment and management, BTE worked with cardiac care experts
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Dr. Vazquez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1984
Kaleida Health System
Dr. Raul R Vazquez Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUrban Family Practice, 564 Niagara St, Buffalo, NY
Dr. Raul R Vazquez Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.