Dr. Ravi Bashyal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ravi Bashyal?

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on November 29th, 2017

One of the best doctors I have ever gone to. It's hard to put into words how great he was. Definitely would recommend him if you need knee surgery!

THE BEST

Posted on July 24th, 2017

agree with all the comments. Dr. B is the best, great surgeon, great guy. I feel lucky to have been his patient!

Mirjana Flyer -total hip replacement -June 2016-result:EXECELENT

Posted on May 6th, 2017

Dr, R.Bashyal is the perfect doctor in every field,however he is also a BRILLIANT surgeon.I am 81 years old and my hip act like I am .21 years.He is most talented-most skillful doctor i ever met.In my opinion he does not deserve 5 stars-he deserve 50.I consider myself LUCKY to be his patient.

Review from a (reitred) Surgeon - Dr. Bashyal is THE BEST!

Posted on April 6th, 2017

Dr. Bashyal is simply the best surgeon I have ever encountered. Period. From bedside manner to technical skill, there is no one better. I am a reitred general surgeon, and my wife a retired OR nurse. Between the two of us, we have seen it all. When it came time for me to do my hip replacement, I started to ask around, and Dr. Bashyal's name kept coming up. I picked three ortho surgeons and went to see them all. Dr. Bashyal listened to me. Really listened. Understood my individual questions and conerns, and addressed them for me. I knew I needed a total hip replacement, but the way he made me feel at ease was something unique. I had my surgery 2 weeks ago. A minimally invasive total hip. I went home the same day, and was walking around my house pretty normally that night. I got rid of the cane 1 week ago. I am already driving. I realize that I am ahead of the curve with my recovery, but I can tell you as a person "in the industry" that in addition to his kind demeanor, his surgical skill is second to none. I have a son who works as a surgical sales rep and is around hip and knee surgeries at multiple hospitals with multiple surgeons. He has seen it all. When I told him who I had chosen to do my hip (and I had purposely not asked him ahead of time so I could do my own research), he was thrilled. He told me that Dr. B's reputation was as a star surgeon amongst his peers and the OR staff. I guess you can tell that I was pretty happy with my surgery and outcome. To be honest, I have never written a review for a doctor before, but this experience was so incredible that I felt the need to post, tell all my friends, and I plan to review him on every site I can!

True Gentleman and GREAT surgeon

Posted on March 23rd, 2017

When I heard I needed a hip replacement, I was so disappointed. I am 52 years old, and SUPER active. But my hip pain was stopping me from doing what I wanted, and had gotten to the point that I couldn't even take longs walks with my husband anymore. I resigned myself to the fact that I needed this surgery done, but was determined to find the BEST doctor to do it. I did my research, I spoke with friends that had done the surgery, and had my daughter (who it a physical therapist) speak to her network Ehile I got lots of reccommendations, there was one name that I kept hearing over and over again....Dr. Bashyal. I first went to see another surgeon who also said I needed a hip, but then "saved" my second opinion for Dr. B. All I can say is "wow". I knew in the first 30 seconds I was in the right place. He listens. He cares. He wants to take good care of you. A GENTLEMAN. Now for the surgery - I had the minimally invasive total hip that Dr. B told me about, and the results were nothing short of amazing. Home from the hospital THE SAME DAY! Back to work as an attorney in 2 weeks. I am 3 months out from surgery now and just came back from my final post surgery visit. Everything has healed in in place etc. To be honest, I had no pain. Like I said, home the same day and back to work in 2 weeks. My daughter (the PT), told me that in her company, Dr. Bashyal's name is well known, both for the great outcomes, and also for being so nice. She was amazed (and she sees a lot of hip patients) at how fast I recovered and how well I did. You can tell how happy i am with my experience. It's a no brainer. Hip or knee replacement, go see him, he is the best, hand down!

Wife, Mom, Grandma, Sister, Friend

Posted on September 7th, 2016

Dr. B was so informative, straight forward, spoke in layman terms, and general just a kind, caring doctor. My worries are few, he has my back...or should I say knee!!!

Simply the best!

Posted on September 5th, 2016

I have never met a surgeon or any other type of physician quite like Dr. Bashyal. Without a doubt, the kindest, most informative Doctor I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with. I knew that I needed a hip replacement. I have been putting it off for years due to my fears about the operation. I met with Dr. Bashyal and his team, and without feeling any sort of pressure to do the surgery, he completely calmed me down and explained exactly what was going to happen and what he was going to do. It has now been only one week since my minimally invasive total hip replacement surgery. I cannot believe how well I am doing. I'm literally shocked at how easy this is been, and my only regret is not doing it sooner! I have had no pain since surgery - his minimally invasive approach really works! I'm already back to work, walking around with no assistive device, and I am getting back into bike riding and other sport types of activities. A great surgeon in terms of his technical skill, but also just a nice human being who really knows how to connect with you. Thank you Dr. B for taking such good care of me, this has really given me a new lease on life!

the best for hip replacement (and knees too!)

Posted on August 22nd, 2016

I'd been to 3 other orthopedic surgeons to see who was going to do my hip replacement. I thought I had settled on one when my friend (who had a double hip replacement 6 weeks apart from Dr. Bashyal) and his wife (a knee replacement from Dr. Bashyal) insisted I go see him. I'm so glad I did. To echo what others have said, I have never had such an excellent doctor to patient connection. He is a genuinely nice guy who cares about you. But aside from that, he is a great surgeon. He told me he does about 500 hip and knee replacements every year, and now I know why - he is the best! I had my total hip replacement on a friday morning. By Friday afternoon I was walking around the hospital floor. Saturday morning, I went home. Other than a little the first night, I have had NO pain! It's been 2 months since my operation, and I can't believe how much better my hip feels. I haven't been able to walk 18 holes of golf in 5 years. I just played my 5th round since surgery today (and it made me want to go online and write this review) He is the best. If you need a hip or knee replacement, go see him, simple as that. A friend recently passed along a Chicago Tribune article about him doing knees on former professional athletes - you can google it to see it.

Great job!

Posted on April 8th, 2016

I echo everything that has been said about Dr. Bashyal --- he's terrific. Two pieces of advice for hip patients: 1. fully discuss leg length expectations and realities before surgery; there is a range for "normal" discrepancies and it helps to know ahead of time; 2. go for as much in-patient rehab as you can. I had two weeks and it was wonderful. Two to three hours of therapy every day, lots of people to help you understand all the changes that are occurring in your body every day, and lots of support, assistance with pain management and withdrawal -- it was the right thing for me and I encourage others to strongly consider it.

Posted on March 25th, 2016

Dr. Bashyal, office staff was very professional as well the Dr. My husband was very nervous Dr.Bashal spend extra time with him explaining the xrays and what was the next steps for him . I want to thank him n his staff for there wonderful service. .

Posted on February 26th, 2016

Minimally invasive total hip replacement done 3 weeks ago, am already back to work and all activities, couldn't be happier

total knee replacement star

Posted on January 25th, 2016

I wholeheartedly agree with the positive reviews here. I run my own auto body shop, and have had worn out knees for a while. I have seen 3-4 other surgeons in the past few years and knew I needed a knee replacement. An employee of mine that had his surgery with Dr bashyal told me I "had to" go see his doc cause he was the best....and he was right. Dr. Bashyal spent time with e and did a great job on the surgery. He also was kind and has a great sense of humor.,