- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ravi S Chittajallu MD
Dr. Ravi S Chittajallu has 3 locations
4521 Medical Center Dr Ste 500
McKinney, TX 75069
Dr. Ravi S Chittajallu has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ravi S Chittajallu has the following 11 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Colon Cancer
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ravi S Chittajallu - Posted on August 28th, 2019
Three colonoscopies done by Dr. Ravi.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ravi S Chittajallu - Posted on July 31st, 2019
My family has a history of colon cancers. I have a screening done every five years, just completing my third. His bedside manor is very good. He explanations what the procedure entails and answers any questions in plain English. Then he gives his view of the polyps removed right after the colonoscopy . Within two or three days I get the lab test results. I really do like Dr. Ravi.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ravi S Chittajallu - Posted on April 23rd, 2014
The surgery went so fast, under an hr. for both upper and lower GI. When I got out, I felt no affects from the anesthesia and woke up as they returned me into my room. Felt no soreness in my mouth, which surprised me greatly. I go in today for a follow up to the surgery. He asks if I have any questions, which I didn't but would have taken the time had I had any. Today I have several questions and am hoping he will answer all of them.
I just wish he had run a few more tests
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ravi S Chittajallu - Posted on February 6th, 2011
Dr. C is very thorough. With one procedure I knew the full scope of my upper and lower GI. I gave me real piece of mind. When I had a troubling symptom he ordered a test and asked to see me. Unfortunately, he couldn't make a diagnosis at that point, so he asked me to come back in 6 weeks and go to a neurologist to check out the headaches I experienced after eating. I just wish he hadn't waited and referred me.
38 Years Experience
Andhra Medical College
Graduated in 1981
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Ravi S Chittajallu Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ravi S Chittajallu, MD - Gastroenterology in McKinney, TX, in this video.
Dr. Ravi S Chittajallu is similar to the following 4 Doctors near McKinney, TX.