Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ravi H Dave
Dr. Ravi H Dave, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Monica, CA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dave is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, Saint John's Health Center and San Joaquin Community Hospital. Dr. Dave has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ravi H Dave has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Catheterization
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Excellent doctor, very present and listening carefully.
I have been a nurse for 40 years and have dealt with numerous doctors during that time. Seeing Dr. Dave has made me realize that there are still doctors that can be highly qualified in their field and still have compassion for their patients. Dr. Dave has a very calm demeanor. He asks questions that allow the patient to express the self easily. I'm so pleased that I was referred to him.
I'm indebted to Dr. Dave for treating my high blood pressure and ordering the appropriate medical tests to conclude that my heart was in good condition. Unlike countless other doctors, he's not quick to overmedicate or recommend superfluous medical tests that can cause more damage. Furthermore, despite his heavy workload, Dr. Dave is a great listener and he embarks on a broad range of options-as well as the least risky ones- to tackle a patient's health problems. Thanks.
I have been a patient of Dr Dave for 12 yrs, and a heart patient for 47 yrs, and he knows what he is doing, and he is not above asking another Dr to do a procedure, that is better at it than him. That takes confidence in ones self. He always has time for my questions, and tells it like it is.Great Doctor.
Dr. Dave is a fine Dr. I will not be returning to him, however, because of his medical assistant. He (the assistant) cannot seem to return a call in less than 24 hours. Since there is no other way to reach the Dr., this is totally unacceptable. If the assistant is too busy to even listen to messages within 24 hours, he should be replaced. I cannot imagine ANY patient being anything other than outraged to have to wait for 24 hours or more to get a return call.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Dave is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
M P Shah Medical College
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Ravi H Dave accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUcla Santa Monica Cardiology, 2020 Santa Monica Blvd Ste 220, Santa Monica, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ravi H Dave in this video.
Dr. Ravi H Dave is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.