Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ravi Rao
Dr. Ravi Rao, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Titusville, FL, with other offices in New Smyrna Beach, FL and New Smyrna Beach, FL . He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Rao is affiliated with Florida Hospital New Smyrna. He speaks English.
Dr. Ravi Rao has 3 locations
3822 S Washington Ave
Titusville, FL 32780
600 Palmetto St Ste 1
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
401 Palmetto St
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
Book Online Now
Dr. Ravi Rao has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.<br>A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Ravi Rao has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ravi Rao - Posted on November 14th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ravi Rao - Posted on April 10th, 2011
During catheterization, he was going to give me multiple stents until he was told I didn't want stents. My cardiac surgeon, who subsequently did the bypasses, said I was never a candidate for stents.His office staff never had him call me back after the catheterization regarding a problem I had. I specifically asked for him to call and not the nurse practioner. He sent me to cardiac rehab too soon. I found out it was usual to start 4 weeks or later after surgery. He sent me prior to 3 weeks and I wasn't ready. They had me come back later.
Dr. Rao is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Ravi Rao Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ravi Rao, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Titusville, FL, in this video.
Dr. Ravi Rao is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Titusville, FL.