Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ravinder S Bhagrath has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ravinder S Bhagrath has the following 9 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Dr. Ravinder S Bhagrath has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
I am a young man who has a kidney disease. Dr. Bhagrath was my doctor for a number of years and although I knew one day I would need a kidney transplant and possibly go on dialysis, I didn't know when. That is until Dr. Bhagrath told me one day I had less that 10% kidney function left and I must start thinking about what type of dialysis I would like to go with, without a call or recomendation to get me on a organ transplant list. My wife and I went to another state, to another doctor, within 2 weeks I was on a kidney transplant list, having a family member worked up to see if he was a match to donate one to me. I started dialysis 2 months later, was on dialysis for 6 months, until I received a donor kidney from a deceased organ donor. I have never spoken to Dr. Bhagrath since that office visit 2+ years ago, and he has never bothered to contact me.
Dr. Bhagrath is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Southampton
Graduated in 1985
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Ravinder S Bhagrath accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRavinder Singh Bhagrath Md, 255 Church St Ste 203, Pikeville, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ravinder S Bhagrath in this video.
Dr. Ravinder S Bhagrath is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pikeville, KY.