Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ravinder S Dhillon
Dr. Ravinder S Dhillon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pennington, NJ, with another office in Trenton, NJ. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dhillon is affiliated with Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell. Dr. Dhillon has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ravinder S Dhillon has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 32
Had procedure done. Dr. took off all meds. Has been 2 wks, heard nothing. did not call, was in ER, never called to advise on what meds to return to taking. left high and dry. No test results, left msgs for office, poor communication. 1 office visit, 1 procedure, done leaving as patient to find a real doctor who cares and doesn't leave their patients hanging high and dry and sick.
Dr. Dhillon spends the time to thoroughly explain procedures and why a particular course of treatment is advised. His responses to questions are professional and show that he is quite knowledgeable in his field. He is a terrific physician and as an added bonus, not only does he's have a great bedside manner he also has a nice tush. Hehehe...
My experience with Dr. Dhillon was great from the onset. I spent a few moments waiting in his office, we sat down and discussed what might be the root cause of my condition, and then an endoscopy was performed. He was with me the entire time, showed immense professionalism, and followed up with me immediately. You can't ask for more as a patient. I highly recommend his services if you need a GI doc.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2014, 2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2012, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Dhillon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Ravinder S Dhillon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ravinder S Dhillon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pennington, NJ.