Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ravindra Rao has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Ravindra Rao has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Cerebral Palsy
Showing 5 of 35
Dr. Rao is absolutely the most caring physician my son has every seen. I continue to see him even though it is difficult to get an appointment sometime because he is so popular and is the best; and the waiting is a little longer because he is the greatest MD. He has seen my son since birth and he is now 12 Years old.
Dr Rao is wonderful. He is an excellent MD and gives much to those he serves. He was my four children's pediatrician and the pediatrician for 54 children with intellectual disabilities where I was employed. He is kind and compassionate, caring and informed. He is never too busy too take time to explain what he is seeing, what he plans of what your options are. On s scale of 1-5 he is a 10.
I have been a patient of Dr. Rao since birth until I was a pre-teen. I have very fond memories of him as a caring doctor. Now that I am a parent, my daughter sees him. He answers all questions patiently and my husband and I never feel rushed. Dr. Rao has a high reputation at LLUMC and is a spina bifida specialist. I am glad that I chose Dr. Rao for my daughter.
We drive 70 miles and do not use our hmo insurance that does not have loma linda just to see DR Rao whoe has had our seven and a half year old son since birth. He has always put my son first. He has a couple of nurses that are just the best and some how seem to remember my sons name when we see them. A tru God sent person.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rao is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Ravindra Rao accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLoma Linda University School Of Medicine, 25845 Barton Rd, Loma Linda, CA
Dr. Ravindra Rao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Loma Linda, CA.