Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ravindraprasad J Shekarappa
Dr. Ravindraprasad J Shekarappa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Warner Robins, GA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Shekarappa is affiliated with Houston Medical Center. Dr. Shekarappa has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ravindraprasad J Shekarappa has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ravindraprasad J Shekarappa has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Ravindraprasad J Shekarappa has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 58
He is the BEST doctor I've ever seen. He took care of my husband before he died from cancer 4 years ago and he's been taking care of me for many, many years. We came to Georgia from Miami and I didn't think I'd find a doctor equal to my Florida Doctor. I drive 72 miles one way to see Dr. Shekarappa, and I'm 73 years old!! He's the best overall physician I've ever seen.
Was refused an appointment, they pre screen all patients. All they knew was my name, a medical diagnosis and my medications and I was denied an appointment...WITH a referral from tricare. The front office staff was extremely rude and inconsiderate. I see a lot of doctors and have never had to deal with what I dealt with from this office.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shekarappa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Ravindraprasad J Shekarappa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMiddle Georgia Medical Associates, 623 S Houston Lake Rd Ste 200, Warner Robins, GA
Dr. Ravindraprasad J Shekarappa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warner Robins, GA.