Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ravishankar L Rao has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 43
I have seen the doctor and his nurse practitioner for over a month. I have suffered all that time. Each visit changed the diagnosis. When you see the doctor you see him for maybe 5 minutes and he is out of the room. You are left feeling like he just didn't listen. The office is very disorganized and often understaffed. Calls to either the doctor or others practicing under him do not get returned. I have often been left on hold for more than 20 minutes only to have to hang up and call them back. Appointments changed without any notice. Two locations but no ability to forward your records between locations.
I have been a long time patient of Dr. Rao's. I have had to call up their offices several times to beg for my insulin refills. My pharmacy will fax over the requests, and they go ignored. They claim their fax machine does not work, yet while I am standing in Dr. Rao's office getting my next appointment date, guess what...they receive a fax! This has gone on for several years now and I am tired of trying to get my medications which I rely on to live! Do yourself a favor and don't choose this doctor. Their staff is very unfriendly, offices unclean, and they never answer the telephone. The only way you will be able to contact them is to go to their office in person and threaten to goto another doctor
Dr Rao has always treated me well and is a caring and nurturing physician. He first treated me when I was admitted to the hospital, and I chose, upon leaving, for him to continue treating my long term issues. He has always been highly professional, extremely knowledgeable and has been 100% accurate in his diagnosis.
Dr. Rao is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Grant Hospital Of Chicago
Dr. Ravishankar L Rao accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRavishankar L Rao Md, 15435 Cortez Blvd, Brooksville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ravishankar L Rao in this video.
Dr. Ravishankar L Rao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooksville, FL.