Dr. Ray Chu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ray Chu?

Surgical patient

Posted on August 26th, 2016

Above and beyond care and bedside manner

Posted on February 24th, 2015

Just an amazing surgeon and human being

Sub-standard follow up. He called me 3 MONTHS after surgery

Posted on July 31st, 2013

My experience was disappointing to say the least. I did not feel that he provided appropriate follow-up for the serious nature of my operation.I had to wait three months to hear from him. In and OUt surgery. IN additiion, I feel what was described to me isn't what I received. I question having had the entire procedure. Please check other physicians.

Dr. Ray Chu

Posted on May 1st, 2013

For me, the jury is definitely out on Dr. Chu whom I've seen for months. I don't care so much that the wait to see him is long and the wait for return calls or action items from his staff go completely unattended. It is obvious that he does not really want to take the time to answer questions and gets angry when you insist. Further, it felt as if he pushed his desire to work outside his area of expertise and/or his own surgical agenda above and beyond my best care. I think he need to understand that patients are people and customers too.

Not very helpful

Posted on August 10th, 2012

Guess I went to the wrong doctor. He didn't spend much time with me on either visit. He really didn't even look at my problem ( tumor in my foot). Can't believe he charged my insurance company $947.00 for the first visit and $291.00 for the follow up visit ( I only paid a fraction, but that's besides the point. He ordered an MRI which I had done there which was fairly intensive. I can tell he didn't even really look at the MRI before seeing me the second time. You think he would ask someone in the Neurology department thereabout my condition, but he didn't. He referred me to some idiot in Santa Monica to have a more detailed MRI, which was a HUGE waste of money because my insurance didn't pay for it ( I new this in advance) - but this MRI was no better than the first one I had- which showed less images. He then referred me to this doctor at USC - I called that doctors office, and they said they wouldn't see me for my problem. I finally gave up on Dr. Chu and Cedars Sinai. The one good thing I can say is the staff in the office is very professional.

Ray G

Posted on October 3rd, 2011

Dr. Chu did a shunt placement on my mon and i was involved in the entire process and i have nothing but good to say about him. he is so patient will great manner, explained the process many times over and answered every question we had. the office staff are great and responded to me very fast and took care of my mom needs and the surgery was very comforting with him answereing every question and assuring us of my mon being in good hand.. over all he is absoulutly great.....

Posted on September 6th, 2011

In complete honesty, I could compare Dr. Chu to my favorite fictional surgeon, Hawkeye Pierce (minus several inches and the drinking problem). Dr. Chu's bedside manner is astounding for a surgeon; he has taken the time to joke and laugh with me during every one of my visits, including my initial, nerve-wracking consultation. My family has been amazed by his care and dedication. His surgical skills are to be applauded: Dr. Chu successfully (and completely) removed a 2-inch tumor from my fourth ventricle two months ago, and I am already back on my feet and living on my own.

Karen

Posted on February 21st, 2011

I had brain surgery and Dr. Chu is amazing. He is always there with support and concern.

I Love Dr. Chu

Posted on September 3rd, 2010

I think Dr. Chu is an amazing Neurosurgeon. He fixed my brain (third ventriculostomy) and really made me feel better during my scary experience... He was kind... and spent a lot of time explaining things to me and my family... He is a quality surgeon and I'm very happy Cedar Sinai linked us up.

Not as good as I originally thought.

Posted on July 25th, 2010

Dr. Chu is a nice physician, however he can be a little arrogant and sarcastic. Setting up follow up appointments with him were very difficult. He has a "do as I say" and "don't question me" attitude which was very dissapointing to me. I love Cedars and the Neurology Dept. however I would not see Dr. Chu again.

Neurosurgery patient

Posted on August 5th, 2009

Dr, Chu, aside of possessing a scholastic and professional background that is astounding, is a very comforting physician who leaves no questions unanswered. He spent a lot of time in my pre-op visit(s) indulging me by answering my every question and calmed all fears I had about surgery. His office staff are SO NICE! I don't want to seem to gush about him here. I want to be accurate, but honestly, if I had it all to do again, I'd do it all over again tomorrow. Piece of cake. Really.Aside of his being so likeable and calming, the Cedars Sinai nursing staff REALLY make the stay just wonderful!

Initial Consultation

Posted on August 23rd, 2008

My visit to Dr. Chu was as positive an experience you could ask for under the circumstances. His staff, including Nick and Cindy, as well as the receptionist, were very, very courteous and caring people .