Dr. Pourang Kamali Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Pourang Kamali?

Friendly and professional. Very informative, great explanations, open to questions and concerns.

Posted on January 18th, 2017

Dr. Kamali took his time to explain procedures in depth and in detail and was very open to all questions and concerns. Very patient and made me feel less nervous and worried after my appointment.

Posted on January 12th, 2016

He never told me that he was implanting a tvto transvaginal mesh. And have had problems and couldn't figure out why. Till 2014 admitted every month into the hospital for Resistant bacteria UTI. Been on high antibiotics called invants every month for a year now. Dealing with doctor after doctor and no one to help me for This mesh sling tape whatever it is since he never explained it to me. I was a very active detailed person who had 16 years of dental experience and now can no longer work. Can't participate in anything anymore. I basically watch the days go by being in chronic pain. I'm young and can't lift my kids or grandkids, no longer enjoy sex, and the thing has tore my inside up. Can't walk, sit, stand, or sleep. I have to deal on a daily basis the judgement of being on pain medicine and feeling like a junky. And I pee my self because my bladder does empty so it fills up so full and gushes out without notice which is usually when I'm in public. I feel like he stole my identity and my life and I am trapped with out a choice. Never trust this doctor. He probably saw my ppo and wanted the most money so he can sleep at night. And now my life is over. Thank you Dr. Kamali shame on you actually.

Good people, good doctor

Posted on June 10th, 2015

We saw Dr Kamali for care for our pregnancy. His staff were very nice, his office is beautiful. More importantly Dr K was awesome. He comes across as a human being, and has great bedside manner. He is funny, and my husband and I felt very comfortable with him. He enjoys what he does and is great at it. He made our labor and delivery experience unforgettable. It was good to see the same doctor that saw during our prenatal care come in and deliver our baby. We have 2 other kids, and with our previous pregnancies, the doctor that delivered us, wasn't the doctor that we saw in the clinic. We will not be having any more kids (3 is plenty) but we recommend him to all our friends, family.

Great Bedside manner

Posted on October 29th, 2014

I was referred to Dr K (kamali) for fibroids. I was experiencing bleeding, pain, and my primary doctor ordered a sonogram which showed these fibroid tumors in my uterus. One was the size of grape fruit and another size of orange. I was so scared, and the more reading i did, the more concerned i became. Dr K asked me how i was doing, took the time to listen to me, and after the exam, explained to me the findings on my sonogram, my choices (medications, waiting, surgery) He explained it in a way that i understood, and he drew me pictures (btw he is not a good artist lol) He did some studies to rule out cancer and then gave me choices, i eventually decided to have a robotic hysterectomy, which he performed. I am only 3 week out from surgery and i started working, i was walking and shopping by the 2nd day (my husband hated the shopping part!) Anyways strongly recommend as a gyne, he is a human being, with good bedside manners.

The best!

Posted on September 4th, 2014

Dr kamali took great care of my mom. She had a robotic surgical procedure and her recovery has been amazing. Up and walking the very next day. What unlike best about him was how knowledgable he is and actually takes the time to explain everything and answer all our questions. He explained everything to is in a way we could understand and we felt very confident in his care. I would highly recommend him.

Choosing This Obgyn was the worst decision of my life

Posted on August 12th, 2014

I lost my baby at 5 months pregnant due to the lack of care from Dr. Kamali and his office. I was misdiagnosed and paid the ultimate price. Which, was losing my baby who was born with a strong heartbeat and lived for over two hours. I will never trust my health or future pregnancies with this doctor and his office. Also, his office has a sign for Botox and Lip Injections in the lobby that you cannot miss. Perhaps this is where his focus is and not gynecology.

Highly skilled physician

Posted on July 28th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Kamali since 2005 and have recommended him to many friends and family members. He is patient, listens carefully to all your question and explains everything very thoroughly. I recently had a C-section and Dr. Kamali made me feel comfortable and with no regrets that it was the right choice for me and my baby. He is partnered with Dr. Rita M. Gharib, who is absolutely amazing as well. Both were very patient with my extremely difficult pregnancy, which definitely helped made those 9 months a little easier.

Made us feel comfortable

Posted on November 24th, 2012

I went to Sharp ER with severe bleeding, the ER physician asked Dr Kamali to come an see me for consultation. He had a great personality and was confident and that made my husband and I feel very comfortable with him. He eventually performed my hysterectomy with a robot and it has only been 3 weeks and I am back to work. I recommend Dr K

Excelent doctor

Posted on August 13th, 2012

Dr. Kamali did not attend my pregnancy appointments, but he was the doctor in charge the day of my delivering, I receive very good attention from him, I was almost 12 hours in labor and he was very patient, as well as the nurses, I always feel very comfortable and secure.

Professional, Great bedside manner

Posted on August 6th, 2012

I was slightly nervous about going to a male gynecologist. Dr Kamali and his staff made me very comfortable. Dr Kamali is extremely professional. Great bedside manner. I have recommended him to my sister and friends and I strongly recommend him. You are going to love him!!!

Excellent Doctor

Posted on July 18th, 2012

He's areally good doctor, also a nice person that takes his time to answer all your questions.He was my OB with my second pregnancy and now that I'm in my third pregnancy I had to choose him again because he really makes me feel comfortable and secure. I highly recommend him, even if you ask at Sharp Hospital Chula Vista about him, nurses will tell you he's the favorite one there.

Amazing Human Being!

Posted on May 23rd, 2011

Amazing Doctor, Great Experience!!First Let me say that I had reservations seeing a male obgyn, and Dr Kamali was so professional and made me feel so comfortable during the initial consultation that all my fears quickly went away.I have been living with incontinence since the birth of my second child. Embarassing in social setting, I was afraid of laughing, could not excercise because of loss of urine and fear of making a mess. Dr Kamali performed an outpatient surgery called vaginal sling. I went to work in a few days after surgery, and I am able to hold my urine without any accidents. I had a great experience with Dr Kamali, his staff and the hospital.