Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ray W Mettetal Jr has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Opioid-Related Addiction Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Mettetal is a wonderful doctor. He is kind, understanding and seems to care about addicts. He counsels us in length, makes sure we are in compliance with the drug screens and only taking the medicine he prescribes. He will go an extra mile to help us but he does not put up with dirty drug screens or dishonesty.
I was a opiate addict for many years. I tried several times to get clean. Dr. Ray and Watauga Recovery Center in Johnson City took care of me. He treated me with respect and guided me through my recovery. They have counseling and group meetings. They also do 12 step recovery. I thank God for Dr. Ray and the gang at Watauga Recovery Center. I could not do it alone.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
41 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Ray W Mettetal Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsRay W Mettetal Jr Md, 3201 Bristol Hwy Ste 3, Johnson City, TN
Dr. Ray W Mettetal Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnson City, TN.