Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ray Valdez
Dr. Ray Valdez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sugar Land, TX, with another office in Sugar Land, TX. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery and Foot and Ankle Orthopedics. Dr. Valdez is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital, West Houston Medical Center and Houston Methodist Hospital at Texas Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Ray Valdez has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Foot and Ankle Orthopedics
An orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon can consult and operate on injuries and issues that may affect the bones, muscles, tendons, cartilage, ligaments and joints in your foot and ankle. Arthritis, bunions and flat feet are just a few of the issues that a foot and ankle surgeon might help you with.
Any kind of reconstructive surgery or surgery needed to treat a sports-related injury would also land you in the care of a foot and ankle surgeon. However, beyond surgery, they can also offer other treatment options such as physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Bone Fracture
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Failed Tendon surgery. Pretty much told me, good luck. Horrible Experience with Houston Methodist.
I have been a patient of Dr. Ray Valdez since 1993 when it was questionable if I would ever be able to walk/ run again due to the negligence of Dr. Henry Blum. Dr. Valdez has worked on my ankle, knee, heel. He's amazing! I recommend him to everyone I can. They all agree with me- He's awesome!! The reason I gave "ease in getting an appointment and waiting time during a visit" 3 stars is because he is so sought after it can be difficult to get a same day appointment and waiting can be about 30 minutes at times. Dr. Valdez takes his time with his patients and refuses to be rushed. He also remembers you when you return for follow-ups.
Dr. Valdez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Hermann Continuing Southwest
Methodist Diagnostic Center Hospital
Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Sugar Land Surgical Hospital
34 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Ray Valdez accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ray Valdez in this video.
Dr. Ray Valdez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.