The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Raymond Barnhill
Dr. Raymond Barnhill, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Pathology, Dermatopathology and Dermatology. Dr. Barnhill is affiliated with Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Other and George Washington Univ Hosp. He speaks English.
Dr. Raymond Barnhill has the following 3 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Blood Testing
- Fluid Testing
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Pigmentation Disorders
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Cancer (Experimental Melanoma)
- Sweat Gland Cancer
- Tissue Biopsy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Barnhill is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
George Washington Univ Hosp
Children`s National Medical Center
Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
National Inst Of Health
Out of State Hospital
Mattel Chldns Hosp. At Ucla
40 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Raymond Barnhill accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRonald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, 757 Westwood Plz, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raymond Barnhill in this video.
Dr. Raymond Barnhill is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.