Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raymond J Dean has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Nail Diseases
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne Rosacea
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
What a relief it was to find Dr. Dean! I have an uncommon disease of the sweat glad(Hidradenitis Suppurativa). I searched in Traverse City for two years to find a doctor to help me with this condition. There are not that many Dermatologists in the area, some wouldn't even see me with this condition because they are only interested in patients with cosmetic and skin cancer issues (greed). Other doctors were demeaning and proved they had no current information beyond what they learned in medical school. Granted it is an unfulfilling disease to treat as there is not a clear cut "cure" for this condition. But patients suffer greatly with this and need a doctor that is caring and open to learning the latest about this condition.Dr. Dean is compassionate, flexible and knowledgeable. He is open to new information and ideas. He treats me with dignity, respect and assumes my intelligence. He collaborates with me about methods of treatment to try rather than acting like a know-it-all God of medicine. He also encouraged me to do research online about new treatments and discuss it with him. Very refreshing! The staff can be curt and uncooperative. Unfortunately I have found most great doctors have office staff that do not do them justice. I thank God for Dr. Dean!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
20 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Raymond J Dean accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAssociates In Dermatology, 3643 W Front St Ste A, Traverse City, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raymond J Dean in this video.
Dr. Raymond J Dean is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Traverse City, MI.