Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Raymond I Fink
Dr. Raymond I Fink, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Mesa, CA, with another office in La Jolla, CA. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fink is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas, Palomar Medical Center and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. He speaks English.
Dr. Raymond I Fink has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Thyroid Diseases
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 16
I have been a patient of Dr Fink's for 15 years. I never wait more than few mins to be seen, he has been great to work with. He listens to my concerns, spends an adequate amount of time with me and always follows back up. He is very specific about his instructions and carefully explains what you need to do. He treats my diabetes and has kept it very well controlled and also helps me to stabilize my thyroid which periodically goes out of control. I am very comfortable with him overseeing my care.
I saw Dr. Fink over 10 years ago. He has horrible bedside manners and a discourteous staff. His La Mesa number is disconnected. I called the La Jolla office to see how to get my records. They told me after 7 years they send the records to Mercy Hospital to keep. I called Mercy and they NEVER accept doctors records unless they are from a hospital visit. Glad I have a new doctor because this was a very disappointing experience. Not very professional and they do not seem to care!
I went to see Dr Fink because my ACTH level is high. I saw that he had very bad reviews from other patients but I thought I would give him a chance. BIG MISTAKE! Dr. Fink told my high ACTH levels means nothing without having my cortisol checked. Four days later I still hadn't heard from Dr. Fink re: my lab results. I called his ofice and was told by his receptionist that my cortisol was low and not sure what the next step would be. I called again a day later to find out what our next step was. I was told by the receptionist that Dr. Fink did not need to see me and go back to my general practitioner. So now I have no clue why my labs are abnormal (which is why I went to see him). So basically if you want to be told lab results from a receptionist and not know why you are sick....COME ON DOWN TO DR. FINK TOWN!
Dr. Fink is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Raymond I Fink accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raymond I Fink in this video.
Dr. Raymond I Fink is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Mesa, CA.