Dr. Raymond Grundmeyer III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Raymond Grundmeyer III?

Only seen him on e so far

Posted on February 1st, 2017

Nery nice man

Posted on August 18th, 2015

Was assigned to Dr. Grundmeyer after being hospitalized for seizures. Less than 3 months later, he removed a tumor from my brain. Excellent bedside manner, very kind, and did his best to explain things on my level.

Posted on March 5th, 2015

I had emergency gulbladder surgery and went ceptic infecting a shunt... he got rights to our local hospital and came and replaced it... when I had a complication with the external shunt he showed up at 1130 at night JUST to check on me stating "ah its not that far..only 30 miles, no biggie...needed to make sure you were ok.". He has seen my mom, dad and husband as well for back issues and gave the the BEST care and they are al better now!!!

Assistant Professor at Newman University

Posted on June 18th, 2014

Dr. Grundmeyer was highly recommended by a colleague and by my PT,for a lumbar problem. I felt really re-assured after seeing him. He was very personable--not nearly as imposing as I had imagined. His staff are friendly and seem very competent. Because he's popular, it may take 2-3 months to see him if you're a new patient and it's not an emergency (that's why the 2 stars for ease of appointment). You'll need a Doctor's referral and a recent MRI (see his web site). He's a good listener, and someone who seems comfortable with a patient like me who prefers a "conservative" approach (i.e., not undergoing surgery until or unless it's necessary). But he reassured me that he'd be there for me if surgery became necessary.

One great back surgeon

Posted on January 21st, 2013

I crashed an ultralight aircraft and crushed my L1 vertebrae. It was on a Sunday morning and luckily for me Dr. Grundmeyer happened to be on call that day. To make a long story short, I got lucky in two ways, I lived to write this and I had Dr. Grundmeyer. So far everything he has done for me has worked out very very good. Within 3 1/2 weeks of having T11-L3 vertebrae's fused, I was walking w/o a walker, off pain meds by 5 weeks, and after 7 weeks I was back to building airplanes. I can't thank him enough. It's been 13 weeks now and although I still am taking it a bit easy, I feel great and every week gets better. He told me my back would be stronger than it was before the crash and I believe him. What a great doc. I feel lucky to have had him as my surgeon.

Very Caring Doctor

Posted on May 27th, 2012

While I haven't seen Dr G. in several years, (thankfully), during the two year period that I was under his care (2004-2006),I found him to be caring, patient and his bedside manner was wonderful. He did his best to explain the procedures I would undergo in a way that was easy to understand. Even though I ended up having 11 different procedures, I never felt it was because of poor medical care. I just heal much slower than most folks and had problems with shunts, not the surgery or care afterwards. I know he is a busy surgeon, but when I needed him he (or one of his well trained associates)was always available. Should I ever need additional surgery (shunts do fail) I would definately use him again, even though I now live in Oklahoma. Perhaps the people who complained expected too much from him....I always realized I was not his only patient and was never unhappy withg my care from hoim.

Sadly disappointed.

Posted on July 27th, 2011

I used to love Dr. Grundmeyer as our first experiences with him were great. Than our daughter started having problems and after trying to get his office to do something for her for two weeks, we finally took her to the hospital where they admitted her so he would have to deal with us. Than when he came into our room he acted like he had never meet us but he had seen our daughter for four years. Than his office accused my husband and I causing the problems even though it ended up being a severe Migraine cluster. I quickly changed Neurosurgeons and I will never allow him to touch my child again.

Office Staff is horrible and Doctor is short and unprofessional

Posted on March 6th, 2011

We had seen Dr. Grundmeyer for 4 years when my child started experiencing troubling symptoms that could have meant she was having severe life threating complication of the disorder that Dr. Grundmeyer was being seen for. We spent two weeks call his office daily trying to get answers. Finally we were told that we would have to wait another week to get answers we needed. We took our child to ER that night and they admitted her. After spending 4 days in the hospital and haveing one of Dr. Grundmeyer's staff accuse us of causing our child's problems we knew we were changing Neurosurgeons. I will never regret my decision to leave his office. I am positive that I can find a more compassionate and caring Doctor and staff for my child.

Frustrated and trying to be patient

Posted on August 17th, 2010

I don't understand why some doctors think that the patients time is not important. I am old enough to realize a 15 to 30 minute wait is not out of the norm but I have had to wait 1 1/2 hours once and over two hours another time. I have a hard time believing that they can't do a better job at planning their appointments to avoid accessive waiting. Try applying the golden rule. "Do unto others as you would have them do to you"! Nobody wants to be treated like their time is less valuable than others!

hard to get ahold of

Posted on December 7th, 2008

he did a wonderfull job with my mother's craniotomy, but he was impossible to contact for information regarding her well being, other phasicians would say 'you need to talk to dr. grundmeyer about that, and it was atleast 5 days in an icu waiting room before i was able to catch him.

Posted on October 12th, 2017