Dr. Raymond V Harron Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Raymond V Harron?

He's the best.

He's one of the few who will tell you whether or not surgery will help.

Didn't listen to what I had to say.

Dr. Harmon did not listen to what I had to say. I developed a spinal headache after the insertion of a pain pump. His first response, immediately, was to remove it. I suffered with his for 3 weeks before another doctor was available to do a blood patch. Neither the Dr nor his NP believed my problems were from a CSF leak, however I was experiencing classic symptoms. NP gave conflicting information with the doctor's several times!! Unbelievable! Will only go back to this md if there is no other option since his surgical skills were good. BTW the blood patch worked!

Great surgeon great bedside manor

Dr Harron did surgery on me and my cousin. I had 2 herniated disks in my neck, Randy had a broken neck! Randy's fine from that, my neck also recovered well. I was made to work for almost a year under another Dr who said I had a shoulder injury. I have permanent damage from the misdiagnosis but finally after Dr Harron did surgery many of my symptoms subsided! He's always happy, always focused and now that I need a pain pump, I asked for him!!

Respect

My first appointment was with his assistant Elizabeth. She was great! She has a wonderful bed side manner. It's too bad she isn't a surgeon she would be excellent!! She went over my medical , MRI, Ect and what I told her about my pain. Then I had to come back on a different day to see the doctor. So that was two co-pays. Not to mention I had went to another physician(surgeon) for the first option. So on my next visit to Dr. Herron... Dr. Herron came in and said... Well you need surgery! He was very abrupt and his bedside manner was alful! I was in so much pain and I could hardly walk so I knew I needed surgery.. So I agreed to schedule the surgery. But I will say if I had not been in so much pain I would have looked elsewhere for a surgeon. The day of the surgery I didn't see Dr. Herron until I was in the operating room. Then after the surgery I had problems and I was in recovery for 8 hours. And I was only supposed to be there for 2 hours at the most. Dr. Herron came in while I was in recovery and told me how bad it was. I ask him if he would let my family know and he said yes. Well he didn't! My family was in the waiting area and they were really worried because nobody let them know what was going on. My daughter went to the recovery department and ask where I was. They told her that I was there. She was so upset that they let her come to where I was so she could make sure I was okay. I stayed the night in the hospital and never saw Dr. Herron again. I made my appointment for 6 weeks follow up to see Dr. Herron , but guess what? I saw Elizabeth and paid another co pay for a specialist. I feel that when you pay money to see a specialist doctor that's who you need to see. Not his assistant! But like I said she is great nothing bad to say about her. She went over with what he did in the operation. On my follow up appointment Dr. Herron should have shown me the respect and had the common decency to come in and explained what he had done in the operation. I really hope that if Dr. Herron reads these reviews that he starts to think about how he treats people and understands that we pay him for a service. He would be a much better physician (Surgeon) if he would learn to show some respect and empathy for the patient. It doesn't cost a thing to show you care!

He's a great Dr.

thankful

Dr. Harron performed a lower back spinal fusion on me in 2005. Before the surgery, I was in serious pain and could not work consistently or sleep much at all at night. Thanks to the Lord and Dr. Harron's surgical skillfulness, I was soon able to resume my job as a high school teacher and varsity football coach.

Stay Away!

I was misdiagnosed and then had a postop infection that almost took my life. Every time I went in for an appointment, the wait time was nearly 2 hours, and once after driving 2 hours to get there, they told me Dr. Harron was not able to come in that day. They could have called. The staff made a mistake on my bill and then refused to listen until I explained it in a letter. When I went in for my post-op, Dr. Harron acted like he didn't even know me. This is a very unprofessional, poorly run practice them seems to care only about the money coming in.

VNS and Spinal Stenosis

Great doctor! He performed my surgery to implant a VNS stimulator, and diagnosed spinal stenosis. He also refered and set up the appointments for the testing required. I didn't have to make the appointments for the ESIs, that was done for me. Follow up appointments were easy to schedule. Always went over all my options clearly.

2 hour wait time! Barely received 5 minutes of his time after that with no apology for the 2 hour wait.

My hero

Two years ago he helped me and made my pain go away with surgury after Three doctors and one hospital said they could find nothing wrong. Dr Ray looked at the same information they had said he could fix it with surgery and he did. I now need additional surgery and I immediately went to Dr Harron he found the problem and he will fix it tomorrow. Thanks Dr Harron you are the best.Also want to say I have only had one other Dr show me the concern that Dr Harron has. I know he really wants to help me.

Excellent doctor!

Dr.Harron is one of the most caring,personable and brilliant physicians I have ever had the pleasure of being treated by. I would highly recommend him for any neurological surgery you might need.I had anterior lumbar interbody fusion with hardware which is a VERY complex and serious procedure.He has been there to support me and encorage me and has even called me on a weekend to check on me.(What Dr.does that now a days?)I am also in the medical field(dental tech) and every medical professional I speak with about Dr.Harron say how extraordinary he is.Switch Drs.if you need to-this is the Dr.to see if you want the very best treatment and care!

A True Patient Advocate

Dr. Harron fought with my insurance company to reverse their decision to deny an MRI. As a result of this MRI, Dr. Harron found a significant problem with a disk in my neck. It's good to know that there are doctors out there that truly care for their patients.

Dr. Raymond V Harron is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.