Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Raymond J Allen
Dr. Raymond J Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA, with other offices in Atlanta, GA and Marietta, GA (and 1 other location). He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Maternal & Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Allen is affiliated with Atlanta Medical Center South Campus, Northside Hospital-Atlanta and Piedmont Atlanta Hospital. Dr. Allen has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Raymond J Allen has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Raymond J Allen has the following 12 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Intrauterine Blood Transfusion
- Diseases in Twins
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Cervical Cerclage
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Gestational Diabetes
- Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS)
- Fetal Ultrasound
- Perinatologist (Maternal-Fetal Medicine)
Dr. Raymond J Allen has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Raymond J Allen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Allen was our perinatal consultant during our pregnancy. He was very caring and knowledgeable. We always felt that we were in good hands with him.
I use to dread going to prenatal appointments because I was so fearful of my high risk nature; however, Dr. Allen made it all better. He is so calm and arms you with knowledge and is a great partner along the journey. I delivered a healthy baby girl full term in 2005 after a miscarriage in 2003. My new pregnancy 2013 will be a challenge but I look forward to the team that we had in place in 2005. I'm a bit older so maybe more complications but I know Dr. Allen with give me his best advice. I am so thankful to have a Doctor that I trust and that is knowledgeable in his field, a true expert.
Dr. Allen is a great doctor! I saw him because of my high risk pregnancy with twins. We always looked forward to having our appointment with him. He answers all questions with patience and he is truthful when giving his opinion. I delivered at Northside Hospital. I was told by my OBGYN that i would deliver at 38 weeks. Dr. Allen told me that i would make it past 35 weeks and he was right!!! I delivered at 35 weeks on the mark!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Alameda County Medical Center
Dr. Raymond J Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raymond J Allen in this video.
Dr. Raymond J Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.