Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raymond A Merlo has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 9
I went to dr merlo thirty years ago..to his birthing center..he did a emergency vaginal C cection rather than send me to the hospital. My son was in serious distriss, I was in real bad shape and thirty years later have a serious twisted colon due to the emergency C cection because he didn't want to destroy his own ego. Waited a long time to get this off my chest.
I went in to Dr. Merlo for a second opinion. He spent all of 3 minutes with me. I explained my symptoms to him, told him that the other Dr. I saw thought I had a torn labrum. Dr. Merlo said "No, I think it's joint disease" and sent me for an x-ray (I'm a healthy 24 year old female). After my x-ray I received no follow up. I had to call several weeks later to get my results. The girl at the front desk looked for my file and told me that I have a normal right shoulder, and hung up on me. Never did they ask me to come back and try something else. So I went back to the first doctor who sent me for an MRI (usually a smarter idea) and guess what? He was right.
38 Years Experience
University of Guadalajara, Mexico
Graduated in 1980
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions191 Hartnell Ave, Redding, CA
Dr. Raymond A Merlo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redding, CA.