Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raymond D Petit has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Raymond D Petit has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Dr. Raymond D Petit has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 25
This guy knows what he is doing. He tells you what he is going to do and does it. He tells you about your condition and what you can do to help yourself. I like his approach. Plus I have seen him with other patients and he is gentle and trustworthy! I would recommend him to anybody who is looking for a great pulmonologist. 5 Starts from me.
Dr. Petit is one of the best physicians anywhere. The guy is very dedicated to his profession and patients. if you have a problem that can be cured or fixed, he's the one that will cure and fix it when no one else can. Ask any physician, or nurse ANYWHERE about Dr.Petit. Even when I was a patient at Brigham and Womens for my lung surgery, all my Boston Physicians highly recommended him and offered nothing but praise. .There is no one better than Dr. Petit.
Dr Petit is an excellent Physician and took the best care possible of my father when he was in the intensive care unit at sturdy memorialhospital. The man basically lives in the unit . saw him early in the morning and he always came back In after his office hours to check up on things. Every nurse, every physician I ever speak to about dr petit raves about him, and his exceptional skills as a physician . I too found him firm and direct, but always compassionate. Dr petit has been my physician and my fathers pulmonologist for some time. I would never never go to anyone but dr petit. He's the best .
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Raymond D Petit accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
Locations & DirectionsEmory Medical Associates, 159 Pleasant St, Attleboro, MA
Dr. Raymond D Petit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Attleboro, MA.