Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Raymond J Tuoti
Dr. Raymond J Tuoti, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY, with another office in Niagara Falls, NY. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Tuoti is affiliated with Mount St Mary's Hospital, Kaleida Health Buffalo General Medical Center and Mercy Hospital Of Buffalo. Dr. Tuoti has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Raymond J Tuoti has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Raymond J Tuoti has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Raymond J Tuoti has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Raymond J Tuoti is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Mr. Tuoti has one of the most dismissive attitudes toward a patient I have ever experienced. Mr. Tuoti does not seem to listen to persistent complaints and approaches treatment with a very narrow scope. I am a younger patient and his answer is always not to worry, that the problem will resolve itself which doesn't take away the pain or worsening of symptoms. This has now been going on for a year, I am currently looking for a new doctor who will take my concerns seriously.
I once referred to his patients as "customers" in front of Dr. Tuoti, followed by "I mean... patients, not customers." He retorted, "Well, you are aren't you?" He was not hesitant to put me on the latest pharmaceuticals for my issues (eg Nexium & Prilosec)- even though they were extremely expensive and to no affect.
This doctor was terrible to me years ago. I had severe constipation after my gallbladder was removed. I did everything, took everything that he told me to do nothing helped. I called crying the one day, I was in severe pain. I hadn't gone to the bathroom in over 3 weeks. He got the phone yelled at me and 'fired' me as his patient. Now 10 years later I have the same problem I wanted to see a diff physician. Come to find out they are in the same practice. I was told I was not welcomed there ever again due to me leaving and seeing a new physician. I explained what eaxactly happened and the receptionist got snippy. It is awful that you can't see a recomended doctor because of another being so rude 10 years ago.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Tuoti is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Raymond J Tuoti accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raymond J Tuoti, MD - Gastroenterology in Buffalo, NY, in this video.
Dr. Raymond J Tuoti is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.