Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rayshad Oshtory has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Neck Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Back Pain
- Hip Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Oshtory is superlative in every way! He is a very skilled, qualified and knowledgeable surgeon. He is intelligent and super well trained, but he is also practical and uses good judgment. He is thorough in his explanations as well as realistic when discussing options and outcomes. After his assessment of my condition, I felt completely comfortable and confident in his judgement and his advice as to what surgical procedure I needed. Before I saw Dr. Oshtory I was in constant and severe pelvic and leg pain whenever I stood or walked. 5 weeks out after XLIF surgery on my lower back, I am walking 5 miles/day, swimming several times a week. I feel so grateful Dr. Oshtory and feel that I have been given my life back!
Dr. Ray Oshtory is an excellent surgeon. His explanations are clear and through. He is very cautious about when it is appropriate to perform surgery and when it is not. He is honest and direct in his appraisal and anticipated out come. He performed XLIF surgery on my lower back. It was minimally invasive and the result was exceptional! He set my expectations for recovery accurately. One month after surgery I was able to take a 10-hour flight to the UK in total comfort and I was able walk all over London for 10 days with not pain at all! It seemed like a miracle! Thank you, Dr. Oshtory!!!
I'll start this review by saying that I have never written an online review for a doctor. In fact, the only online review I've written was for the amazingly skilled and kind electrician we used for our home. Although I prefer private communication, I feel motivated and obligated to share my experience with Dr. Oshtory. I'll just write my review based on the categories provided by this website: Ease of Appt.: Very easy to get an appointment. Promptness: No one in the front office when I arrived. Dr. Oshtory wandered in and upon seeing this just let me know that someone ought to be there soon. He then turned around and walked away. While I don't expect a welcoming handshake, his demeanor bothered me because he didn't greet me or introduce himself. To me, this shows a lack of basic interpersonal skills. Staff: I found his receptionist to be very nice, warm even, however, I experienced three problems: First, she didn't arrive until ten minutes after the time I was asked to be there (she was out feeding her parking meter and getting coffee). Second, she asked for paperwork that she had neglected to mention to me or send to me prior to this morning. Since the paperwork is required for the first appointment, I had to hurriedly fill out the 8 pages of forms and detailed questions. Third, there seemed to be a communication problem between this receptionist and the doctor. Each time I called to try to get some information or a time frame for receiving information, she assured me that Dr. Oshtory planned to review the results of the tests he ordered right away. After a month of hearing, "He'll get back to you by the end of the day" I finally drove to the two hospitals where I received the tests and picked up the results myself to bring them to another doctor. Diagnosis: During our first (and only) appointment, Dr. Oshtory did not seem to understand my symptoms, perhaps because they did not mimic typical sciatic symptoms; however, even after the result of the x-ray and MRI were available (which was on the same day they were done), he didn't contact me at all regarding his opinion or recommendation, in fact I cannot be certain that he ever reviewed the tests. Bedside manner: He was rude and dismissive during the appointment. Seriously unusual and, honestly, disheartening. I had tears in my eyes by the end of the appointment. Spends time with me: The appointment for evaluation lasted 5 or 6 minutes. He didn't do anything or ask any questions that my primary care physician hadn't already asked. Follows up after visit: I never received confirmation that Dr. Oshtory reviewed the results of the tests he ordered; consequently, I asked my primary care physician for a referral to another doctor to get an opinion and recommendation. The second doctor I met with looked at the results of my MRI (which were available online the afternoon after I had it!) and immediately knew what was going on. He referred me for two spinal injections, which I had within two weeks of the appointment, and additional physical therapy, as well as follow-up. I've been doing so well since then - like night and day. Not only is this new doctor good at what he does, but he is professional and respectful.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
15 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Rayshad Oshtory accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
Chinese Community Health Plan
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRayshad Oshtory Md, 3838 California St Rm 516, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rayshad Oshtory in this video.
Dr. Rayshad Oshtory is similar to the following 0 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.