Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rayza C Cordero has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Our three children are current patients of Dr. Cordero for many years. She has done an excellent job with the contnued care with our children! Dr. Cordero is very knowledgeable and has a friendly bedside manners with our son and with us as parents. She explains about the illnesses with a clear and easy understanding. She is a great listener and always considers any concerns or questions we may have to express! Our three children enjoy going to visit Dr. Cordero at their routine follow ups. The kids feel calm and happy when they visit Dr Cordero. My wife and I will recommend Dr. Cordero with our eyes closed to all our family and friends who would ever need an superb pediatrician physician as Dr Rayza Cordero!
I have known Dr. Cordero since my son was born (he's 4 now) and my 2 year old and 1 month old are also her patients. She is amazing! I have called her and her partner, Dr. Perez-Silva, in the middle of the night and they have returned my calls within half an hour. They always follow up with us and keep us informed of everything that is going on with our kids. I definitely recommend her! The only downside is the wait (sometimes 30 minutes), but it's a small price to pay!
Cordero has been my son's pediatrician since he was born and he is now 3.5. I like that her practice is small with only two other female doctors, all mothers themselves. I am nearly always in and out in an hour and everyone, staff and doctors, is warm and caring. I love them and recommend them to every parent I know who is looking for a good pediatrician.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
15 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Rayza C Cordero accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rayza C Cordero in this video.
Dr. Rayza C Cordero is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.