Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raza H Orakzai has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Orakzai was my cardiologist when I had a quadruple bypass at Providence Tarzana Hospital. After my release I never heard from him again. He left the Cardiovascular Consultant Group in Northridge. After two years I called the group to find out why I was never contacted for follow up visits. They could not explain why.
I was trying to save my Grandmothers life, and had been doing so with Eastern Medicine, and vitamins. This doctor said in the medical report that I was "un co-operative" and they had to find out most medical information from back records. This wasnt true, and is actually, LYING! I just didnt know everything about my family members full medical history and told the doctor that. The doctor complained that I had my family on "full code," meaning that a senior citizen was to have C.P.R. if something should go wrong, and the medical industry just didnt want to attempt to save her life....they gave up on her, just because of her age, when she had the WILL to live, and the human body was DESIGNED to be capable of living to 120!!! This doctor kept HARRASSING me over the full code decesion, when I had made that decesion as the POWER OF ATTORNEY, seeing that the medical system is SET UP to either try full force, or dont do anything at all. So I made the decesion for full code, so that I, as power of attorney could make a decesion on the spot weather or not do try and safe my family members life, based on what woul.d be taking place at the SPECIFIC moment an emergency MIGHT have taken place! The medical industry gave up on my family member TWO YEARS before she died! They had her on hospice for TWO YEARS, when hospice is designed for people that what 6 months or less! That alone, says A LOT about what was taking place!
16 Years Experience
Aga Khan Medical College
Graduated in 2002
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Raza H Orakzai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGroup Health, 1802 Yakima Ave Ste 307, Tacoma, WA
Dr. Raza H Orakzai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.