Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rebecca Barchas
Dr. Rebecca Barchas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Virginia Beach, VA, with another office in Virginia Beach, VA. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Barchas is affiliated with Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital, Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp and Virginia Beach Psychiatric Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Rebecca Barchas has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Rebecca Barchas has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Rebecca Barchas has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Rebecca Barchas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I HAVE WAITED 1 TO 2 HRS FOR HER. SHE HARDLY WORKS. HER ANSWER TO ANY PROBLEM IS TO MAKE IT EASY FOR HERSELF AND 'UP' YOUR CURRENT MEDICATION. SHE IS VERY RUDE. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A DOCTOR YOU CAN CALL 24HRS, SHE IS NOT THE ONE TO CALL. IF YOU CONTACT HER AFTER HOURS, SHE IS VERY RUDE AND UPSET THAT YOU BOTHERED HER AFTER WORK HOURS. SHE NEEDS TO RETIRE BECAUSE YOU CAN TELL SHE DOESNT WANT TO BE THERE. SHE IS VERY MOODY. IT IS STRESSFULL ENOUGH TO HAVE TO SEE A DOCTOR FOR MENTAL PROBLEMS, BUT TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH UNNECESSARY 'ATTITUDE' FROM A DOCTOR WHO IS SO UNORGANIZED. HER DESK IS A MESS AND IT TAKES HER ABOUT 10 MINUTES TO FIND YOUR FOLDER. I DONT THINK DR BARCHAS CARES ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THE MONEY. IT IS SO OBVIOUS WHEN IF YOU HAVE A SESSION WITH HER THAT SHE COULD CARE LESS.
Dr. Barchas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
Virginia Beach Psychiatric Center
38 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University
Graduated in 1975
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rebecca Barchas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.