Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rebecca I Bay
Dr. Rebecca I Bay, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kirkland, WA, with other offices in Bellevue, WA and Billings, MT . She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Public Health, Psychiatry and Preventive Medicine. Dr. Bay has received 1 award. She speaks English and Hebrew.
Book Online Now
Dr. Rebecca I Bay has the following 3 specialties
- Public Health
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
Dr. Rebecca I Bay has the following 13 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Acute Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Rebecca I Bay is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
The very best Psychiatrist in Washington.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rebecca I Bay - Posted on April 15th, 2018
Dr. Rebecca Bay is wonderful! She's by far the best Psychiatrist around and I'm very thankful I found someone so caring and professional. She's extremely knowledgeable at what she does and 100 % devoted to giving her patients the highest quality of care. She's not the kind of Psychiatrist who will put you on a bunch of unnecessary drugs, she will get to the root of the problem and quickly because she's just that amazing! I cannot say enough great things about Dr.Rebecca Bay!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rebecca I Bay - Posted on July 21st, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rebecca I Bay - Posted on July 13th, 2016
Dr. Bay has been working with me for over a year. Iâve found her to be professional, caring and very interested in my wellbeing. I wouldnât be alive today if it were not for her knowledge and persistent desire to help me improve. She has helped me with my mental health and addiction, a very versatile doctor. I am blessed to have her in my life.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rebecca I Bay - Posted on June 12th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rebecca I Bay - Posted on April 3rd, 2016
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
27 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. Rebecca I Bay accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rebecca I Bay is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kirkland, WA.