Dr. Rebecca Burfeind Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Rebecca Burfeind?

Enjoy causing pain...

Posted on May 23rd, 2017

1st appt with her was awesome! Was excited that someone finally understood & was going to treat my pain. Tried every nerve block med & several antidepressant meds none helping & some cause severe psychological side effects! Her personality goes from super nice to very rude/snotty as she moved onto doing epidurals which made pain WAY worse! She recommended neural stimulator implant. She only puts lidocain in incision/entry location nothing else while implanting electrodes for trial. Have severe scaring on live X-ray does she stop? No she pushes and shoves those electrodes into scared epidural space while I am screaming & bawling in so much pain. Had the electroids removed soon after because they caused the one side effect i was worried about since it happens whenever my nerve pain flairs happened non stop while stimulator was on. She as others have stated is very rude, condescending & is only out to make money off expensive procedures that don't work. Found out at new PM I have Arachnoiditis, no epedurals/trials/any procedures should EVER be done on an arachnoiditis patient. She cause me so much more permanent damage, pain and suffering due to her incompetence to recognize what was very clear on my MRI Arachnoiditis (per my current PM doctor)

Posted on January 7th, 2016

I think she is an excellent doctor medically but not so much on a personal level. I was told that my procedure would be with anesthesia and that I would not have as much pain as the pre-tests. Totally wrong. I was in extreme pain during the ablation (sp?) procedure and probably will not do one again.

Posted on November 30th, 2015

She is by far the best!

ABSOLUTELY no respect for the feelings and thoughts of others

Posted on November 13th, 2015

This woman was so rude and hateful to my daughter and I, she had us BOTH in tears by the time we left the doctors office! She is arrogant, condescending, and very rude. She has no interpersonal communication skills whatsoever. She has ABSOLUTELY no respect for the feelings and thoughts of others...especially when they differ from her "opinion". There are excellent pain management doctors out there, but Rebecca Burfeind is definitely NOT one of them. Not even close!

Posted on August 6th, 2015

Met this dr and after reading the reviews here I was nervous. As said by other users she is cold awful and not real helpful. Talks to you in a very soft arrogant way that leaves you feeling less than her. She will push injections and act like that's the only way. Don't waste your time find a real person not a robot that will look down her nose at you!

Posted on July 20th, 2015

I don't know what some of these people wanted,were they pill shopping or what? My husband has been a patient of hers for 8 yrs. nothing but good care and very kind and explained every procedure.Don't know where my husband would be without her.

Posted on July 5th, 2015

Very cold like others have said. Slandering behavior in your records!! Ask to see them. If you question her plan for you you will be dismissed. Do not waste your time here.

do not see this dr!

Posted on June 4th, 2015

Stay away from this dr. She is only looking to stick you for big a payday. If you do not allow it she will give you next to no medication. I have never met a more colder person with such a human disconnect in my life! She talks to you in such a caddy condescending way. That's her wonderful god complex bedside manner. Worst dr I have ever met!

Posted on February 24th, 2015

Do NOT make an attempt to schedule with her if you're looking for medication management. Her staff misled me more than once on scripts, and she stated bluntly she would not practice medication management. It is difficult to schedule or reach the NKC office. Dr Burfeind is only after quick epidural shots to bill your insurance. The epidurals worked short term only for me and the pain came back worse than before, she cut my pain medicine dosage in half down to 5 mg once or twice a day even when I was only taking three 10 mg pills a day! When I would not agree to have cement injected into my spine because of the cons and she told me would it probably not work, they refused me any pain medicine at all and as you know primary doctors do not give pain meds. My fractured back was almost a year and a half old and was told the cement works best if done immediately after the break plus was increased change of a new fracture if I did it because of the pressure on the L2 and L3 below L1. In my opinion it seems she does not care about a persons pain only the epidurals or any other expensive procedure it was made plain to me if you need medicine do not bother them. She appears to listen and explains procedures completely she was good giving the epidurals BUT Good luck if it doesn't work and you need meds. Am currently using KU Spine Center.

LOGICAL, FORTHRIGHT AND EMPATHETIC

Posted on July 4th, 2014

Reading some of these reviews, I wonder what some people expect? I have had nothing but good experiences with this Doctor. She exhibits knowledge and compassion. As another reviewer put it, she explains every detail of her procedure as she goes along and questions frequently to see how you are doing. What more could one want? My experiences, thus far, have been quite positive.

My experience during epidurals

Posted on December 11th, 2013

I was nervous about using a doctor I was unfamiliar with for my 3 epidurals. I read the reviews and that made me even more unsure. I had to just trust that my referring doctor wouldn't use her if she thought she was questionable. Well, I am writing this review so that anyone else in my circumstances can rest assured...Dr. Burfiend is a wonderful doctor! She took all the time I needed to explain what I was about to experience and during the epidural she talked me through each step. I would whole heartedly recommend her! She's very capable and very kind. So glad she was my doctor!!

Former Patient

Posted on October 14th, 2013

If you are truly seeking help and need a physician that listens with compassion and empathy, then Dr. Burfeind is not that right physician for you. I encourage you to seek further options. Your time and money will be wasted. I was relived to know there are other former patients speaking out about her character. I am now opioid free, in physical therapy for my lower back pain, and very happy with my new pain management physician. This Dr. will make you feel horrible about your former choices, insult you in a caddy manner, and leave you even more upset than before you walked into her office. To former patients, please re read your dictation she writes up as well. There are no bitter feelings, just hoping she receives better training in such a fragile area.