Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rebecca Schmidt
Dr. Rebecca Schmidt, DO, FACP is a Doctor primarily located in Morgantown, WV, with other offices in Keyser, WV and Elkins, WV (and 2 other locations). She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Schmidt is affiliated with Davis Memorial Hospital, Ruby Memorial Hospital and Monongalia County General Hospital. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Rebecca Schmidt has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Rebecca Schmidt has the following 3 expertise
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Disease
Dr. Rebecca Schmidt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Schmidt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Davis Memorial Hospital
Ruby Memorial Hospital
Monongalia County General Hospital
West Virginia University Hospitals
28 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rebecca Schmidt, DO, FACP - Internal Medicine in Morgantown, WV, in this video.
Dr. Rebecca Schmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morgantown, WV.