Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rebecca D Kaltman
Dr. Rebecca D Kaltman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC, with another office in Washington, DC. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kaltman is affiliated with George Washington University Hospital. Dr. Kaltman has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Rebecca D Kaltman has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
Showing 5 of 11
I saw Dr. Kaltman when she was still at the Center for Breast Health with Dr. Hendricks. My experience with the practice has been very positive - I almost never wait, and they are very organized. However, my experience with Dr. Kaltman was very negative. I am a young breast cancer survivor, and I went to Dr. Kaltman with an enlarged supraclavicular lymph node. She felt it, said I was probably just fighting a cold, and didn't even note it in my chart. I called two months later after having respiratory symptoms, and was told rather brusquely to follow up with my primary care provider. It turns out, of course, that the cancer had spread to my lungs and lymph nodes, including the supraclavicular node that I had felt two months before.
I met Dr. Kaltman today. Right away I noted that she is a very kind person and knowledgeable doctor. I have seen many doctors, and I just know when I am dealing with a good doctor and when I am not. Dr. Rebecca Kaltman is one of those doctors who has vocation and is in the right profession. I am so happy I was referred to her. I wish there were more people like her going into the medical field. God bless her!
Dr. Kaltman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Rebecca D Kaltman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rebecca D Kaltman is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Washington, DC.