Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rebecca Kerr
Dr. Rebecca Kerr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with another office in Torrance, CA. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Kerr is affiliated with Usc Keck Hospital and Lakewood Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Rebecca Kerr has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Acute Pain
- Back Pain
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I came to Dr. Kerr in excruciating pain down my thigh that affected my hip and my leg and all motions involving standing and sitting and walking. I had already been to Cedars Sinai ER and they had failed to diagnose the problem as had another doctor. I had been lying in bed for several days, unable to walk or stand due to the pain. I didn't know what to do until a friend referred me to Dr. Kerr. She made the correct diagnosis and then proceeded to inject the area around the femerol nerve with cortisone. She also prescribed several medications to get ahold of the pain. Additionally, she sent me for a CT scan to rule out other reasons for the pain. A week later I was pain free and walking. My left leg is still a little weak and I am attending Physical Therapy to work on the weakness but the relief I feel is amazing. Dr. Kerr is very conscientious and caring (she called me every day to check on my condition) and did a fabulous job of managing my care and getting rid of the pain. I am now pain-free and getting stronger every day. I highly recommend her to anyone experiencing pain for any reason. A pain specialist is the right type of doctor to handle pain. And since Dr. Kerr was initially a board certified anesthesiologist before she became a pain specialist, she is well trained in managing these powerful medications and in understanding the nature of pain.
Receptionist friendly and helpful. Nurse extremely professional, friendly and helped to fill out diagnostics and sort out symptoms. Dr Kerr extremely friendly, thorough, knowledgable exam and review of all records. Suggested treatment options and meds. We feel Dr Kerr and staff are worthy of consideration for treating your pain. Within our family we have nurses, medical administrators and our one of our daughters works for a chief of surgery of a major hospital. We did not let the Dr. or staff know this. Great experience. Will follow up.
Dr. Kerr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Rebecca Kerr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rebecca Kerr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.