Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rebecca Layman
Dr. Rebecca Layman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Strasburg, VA, with another office in Strasburg, VA. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Layman is affiliated with Warren Memorial Hosp, Winchester Medical Center Inc and Shenandoah County Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Rebecca Layman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 20
I consider Dr. Layman to be the perfect GP family doctor. She has all the good qualities of the caring, country doctor who treats the patient as well as the malady. She always explained everything in detail that was understandable and made sure you understood what the pros and cons were of any treatment options. She always made herself available when necessary in spite of a very heavy case load. I consider myself fortunate to have had her as my GP for over 10 years from my 77th birthday to my 87th birthday. Regretted loosing her has MY doctor when I move to another state.
I have used Dr. Layman for over three years now. Dr. Layman is very caring and concerned about my health. The only area that I she needs to improve is her lack of aggressiveness. Dr. Layman needs to tell her patients what is the best method of treating and managing their illnesses. If I fail to come in foor needed bloodwork after several months no one calls me to remind me and if I am not following doctors health plan Dr. Layman does not push me to get back on track. Some patients needs this or the illness does not seem that important.
Dr. Layman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Warren Memorial Hosp
Winchester Medical Center Inc
Shenandoah County Memorial Hospital
14 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Valley Health System
Dr. Rebecca Layman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rebecca Layman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Strasburg, VA.