Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rebecca L Manno
Dr. Rebecca L Manno, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Manno is affiliated with Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Dr. Manno has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Rebecca L Manno has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Manno is the very best doc I have ever dealt with. Caring, firm, smart, confident and communicative, she partners with you, listens and is right there for you as you manage a complex condition ( she is mostly dealing with Rhuemy type illnesses, I think). The staff is great in support and everything works on schedule and efficiently. This doctor is worth the drive for anyone within a day trip, or needing a first rate second opinion. She is light years beyond most other docs and certainly a standout even in the Hopkins "center of excellence".
Clinical and office staff run like a well oiled machine, communication between Dr. MANNO and staff is excellent. Wonderful, caring bedside manner combined with a brilliant mind makes Dr. MANNO an awesome doc. She looks at the whole patient picture and is incredible at coordinating care among all subspecialties and tests. From a patient that has to teavel 8 hours round trip, it is worth every minute to be in her care!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Manno is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Rebecca L Manno accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Cir, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Rebecca L Manno is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.