Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rebecca Y Mumpower has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Rebecca Y Mumpower has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Rebecca Y Mumpower has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Rebecca Y Mumpower is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I saw Dr. Mumpower for about six months during the period that she was accepting outpatients at Parkridge Health in Hendersonville, NC. That was several years ago and she is now practicing at the Mission hospital system in Asheville, NC, and I've long since moved to CA. Long-made-short: she is simply the very best internist that I have ever met. I had multiple, confusing problems that were seriously affecting the quality of my life. Her diagnoses and treatment plans were right-on: she's an amazing problem solver, super-bright, and very patient-oriented. (P.S. I miss her greatly. Yes, she's that good!)
15 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Rebecca Y Mumpower accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rebecca Y Mumpower, MD - Internal Medicine in Asheville, NC, in this video.
Dr. Rebecca Y Mumpower is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Asheville, NC.