Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rebecca L Orwoll
Dr. Rebecca L Orwoll, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR, with another office in Portland, OR. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Orwoll is affiliated with Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center, Providence Portland Medical Center and Adventist Medical Center. Dr. Orwoll has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Rebecca L Orwoll has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Blood Disorders
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
Dr. Orwoll is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Rebecca L Orwoll accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rebecca L Orwoll in this video.
Dr. Rebecca L Orwoll is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.