Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rebecca L Pedersen MD
Dr. Rebecca L Pedersen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Freeport, IL. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Pedersen is affiliated with Fhn Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Rebecca L Pedersen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Rebecca L Pedersen has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Hospice Care
Dr. Rebecca L Pedersen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rebecca L Pedersen - Posted on December 7th, 2018
Dr. Pedersen is the most professional, caring, gifted doctor I have ever met. Her care for my mom was incredible. Although very sick, Dr. Pedersen made my mom feel comfortable, safe and cared for. Dr. Pedersen took any time needed to help my mom, no matter how long it took. I work with Doctors as part of my profession, Dr. Pedersen is the best I have seen. So grateful to her for her loving care for my mom.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rebecca L Pedersen - Posted on January 4th, 2018
Dr. Pedersen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Cabarrus Memorial Hospital
Dr. Rebecca L Pedersen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsFREEPORT HEALTH NETWORK, 3001 Highland View Dr, Freeport, IL
Dr. Rebecca L Pedersen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Freeport, IL.